It's hard to believe another year has come and gone. One of my favorite things to do at the end of a school year is sit back and reflect on the previous year while looking ahead to the future. Next year I will be changing from teaching ELA and SS to teaching only math. I am very excited for the change but feel this will be a year of challenges for me due to the fact I will be learning all new material while having no math partner teacher at my school. The previous four years, I have been working with a phenomenal partner. We planned together, shared successes and failures, pulled an equal amount of weight and had fun while doing it.
I have set a couple of technology goals for this school year and feel if I commit them to writing then I will feel more connected to them.
1. I hope to utilize the program, iReady, that goes along with out district purchased math curriculum.
2. I hope to find a way to utilize the program Seesaw in my math class. Creating an online portfolio in my reading class fit right in with my curriculum. We completed daily journal quick writes and a writing reflection at the end of each unit. I hope that I will be able to be creative and find ways to create an online portfolio for my math classes.
3. My third goal for this school year is to utilize my new iPads. I am receiving them through a grant and hope to find innovative ways to use them in my classroom.
Here's to looking forward to a semester of reflection and a school year of fresh beginnings!
No comments:
Post a Comment