I began this year ready and excited to introduce more flexible seating options in my classroom, but I wasn't ready to throw out my desks just yet. I've found a handful of inexpensive options that my students love and want to share them with you.
One of the first items I purchased was a set of lap desks similar to
these from Walmart. At the time they were only $5.00 each.
I found outdoor pillows similar to
these for half price at Five Below during after summer clearance sales. I paid only $2.50 and they have been a class favorite!
Scoop rockers have also been all the rage in my classroom this year! I wouldn't recommend for older than third grade because some of my larger third graders have applied too much stress to the plastic. Although they will not hold up for more than a couple of years due to my students' weight, I will continue to purchase them because my students love them so much.
My students also enjoy the inflatable balls that allow them to move and bounce while working. The donuts are the favorite in my classroom and the exercise balls come in second place with the kids. If I had it do over, I would not purchase the exercise balls again. They drive me CRAZY!!!
Click here for the link to the donuts.
Click here for the link to the exercise balls.
The items presented here are only a sampling of the items I introduced this year, but offers an easy first step to any teacher who may be considering introducing flexible seating.
No comments:
Post a Comment